TAME CLUB & STUDENT REGISTRATION
In TAME Clubs, students engage in deeper skill building and problem-solving activities, including rocketry, robotics and other engineering challenges, as they prepare for TAME’s annual STEM Competitions. TAME Club teachers benefit from a strong network of STEM educators and professional development resources. TAME Clubs are supporting both virtual and in-person activities this year and reducing our recruitment minimums to stay responsive to the needs of schools and organizations around Texas. Learn more about the TAME Club program.
Why Register a TAME Club?
Reconnect with the parts of teaching you love most, by exploring and sharing your love for STEM. Set your own schedule, too! Meet virtually or in person weekly, monthly, a couple times a semester. TAME Clubs are still 100% free and flexible to meet your group’s unique needs.
- Free STEM Clubs for students in grades 6-12
- Club Toolkits & funding
- In-person & virtual meetings
- Flexible schedule
- STEM Competitions
You don’t need to be a teacher, librarian, or STEM professional to register a TAME Club. You need an adult, 6 students in grades 6-12, and to meet regularly in person or virtually to do something (anything!) STEM-related. Learn more in the FAQ on our Club Page.
What are the requirements?
TAME Clubs must:
- Have an Adult Sponsor (Co-Sponsors and Student Leaders are optional)
- Be comprised of students in grades 6-12
- Have at least 6 student participants
- 60% of student members must be from TAME Focus Student groups that are underrepresented in STEM (Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous/Native American, or girls) OR the TAME Club must be at a Title 1 school
- Have regularly scheduled meetings (in person or virtual) related to STEM subjects
- Register annually to renew membership
Signing up with TAME is a two-part process
We ask clubs and students to register annually. Here are the steps:
- The process starts with the sponsor completing the annual Club Registration online.
- Next, at least 6 students in their club must complete their Student Registration online. Students will only be able to register after the adult sponsor registers the TAME Club.
Website translations are available in Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, Tagalog, Hindi, Urdu, Korean, and Arabic. (Look for the red button at the bottom right part of the page.)
We look forward to working with you to engage Texas students in STEM.
Annual Club Registration
Club Sponsors (teachers, librarians, etc.) sign up here first!
Annual Student Registration
Students sign up here after the TAME Club is registered.
FOR CLUB SPONSORS
TAME Club Sponsors and Co-Sponsors have the ability to log in online to your My Clubs page see a roster of students who are registered in the club. This uses the login you create with your Club Registration, and you can reset your password through the online system if needed.
Rosters will be automatically updated as students complete the online Student Registration.
NOTE: Rosters are intended for Club Sponsors and Co-Sponsors only. Due to FERPA privacy regulations, we require you KEEP YOUR LOGIN INFORMATION & LINK PRIVATE.
Looking for paper registration forms? These are available in English and Spanish on your My Clubs page.
Please include the name of the TAME Club in the file so we can quickly process your forms—some years we we receive thousands of PDFs! Example: if you share most of your forms in a big PDF titled GonzalezMS_2022_0917 and then a week later need to send a few more forms, it would help if the next PDF was labeled something like GonzalezMS_2022_0924.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have questions about registering a club for Competition season. We look forward to working with you to engage Texas students in STEM.