TAME Club annual Registration
A TAME Club is an extra-curricular enrichment program that supports students interested in exploring science, technology, engineering, math (STEM) and computer science. TAME Clubs are typically sponsored by teachers, librarians, administrators, parents, or community partners and are often hosted on a school campus or at a community center. Clubs meet regularly to increase student skills, awareness of STEM careers and access to role models. TAME volunteers from local universities and corporations may support the clubs and serve as role models.
This annual Club Registration form must be completed by the Adult Sponsor establishing or renewing a club. After the Club Sponsor registers the club, all student members in the club must submit an online registration signed by a parent or guardian (if the student is a minor).
Each TAME Club must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least 6 student participants in grades K – 12
- Have regularly scheduled meetings related to STEM subjects (in person, virtual, or socially distanced with appropriate precautions)
To be eligible to participate in the annual STEM Competitions, TAME Clubs in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio and their suburbs must meet one of the following additional criteria:
- Be located at a Title I school, where a majority of the students qualify for free/reduced meals OR
- 50% of student members must be either first in their family to consider college or qualify for free/reduced meals
Once registered, Club Sponsors & members will have access to:
- Hands-on STEM activities & teaching resources
- Monthly TAME Newsletter
- Free STEM Competitions for 6-12 graders
- TAME Scholarships & mentors
- TAME’s Alumni Network to help with college & career choices
Registration is scheduled to open in August 2021
Use this three-question form to let us know you’re interested and you’ll be among the first to know when TAME Club Registration opens up with the new 2021-22 school year.