Want lemon batteries, magnetic slime, and more great ideas? Whether you need instructions for growing stalagmites, more than 500 engineering activity ideas, or information about engineering role models, TAME curates fresh, exciting content on a range of engineering-related topics for 6-12 classrooms.
TAME Community Hub
The TAME Community Hub is a collection of online resources to complement the TAME Engineering experience. Club Leaders, students, and their families can access information and resources, including high school STEM endorsement course sequencing, engineering college & career readiness, and scholarships & financial aid.
TAME Digital Learning Guide
This is your guide to TAME’s 2023-24 learning activities – an exploration of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals or SDGs. The 17 SDGs are all interconnected and represent a global call to action for making the world more just, fair, and equitable. Engineers play a pivotal role in advancing each of the SDGs! This year, you’ll learn about the first 8 SDGs and the exciting opportunities for engineers to create positive change in the world.
On this journey, we’ll dive into global challenges to discover how to impact our communities and the planet positively. While exploring the SDGs, we will learn about poverty, education, climate change, and more. We will explore creative solutions, engage in thought-provoking discussions, and work together to develop ideas for a better future.
TAME Club Leader Guide
Club Leaders, this is your guide to TAME for 2023-24. We share an overview of what to expect for the year, TAME’s approach to engineering education, information about competitions and a guide to how to use your curriculum and toolkit.
Whether you need instructions for growing stalagmites or information about engineering scholarships, visit the TAME Pinterest page. TAME staff and teachers from across the state and beyond help to keep our Pinterest boards full of fresh, exciting material on a range of STEM-related topics for K-12 classrooms.
TAME appreciates the value of hard work and practice in success. At the Regional Competitions that take place around the state in January or February, students team up in an Engineering Design Challenge to solve a real-world problem.
To help our students better prepare for our annual STEM Competitions, TAME provides past Engineering Design Challenges and advice on competing like a scientist.
TAME Club Hall of Fame
Here are some of the many activities TAME Clubs have taken on in recent years. (See photos below!)
- Divide the club into teams to practice Engineering Design Challenges from past Competitions
- Invite local engineering professionals and college students to the club as guest speakers
- Host a Family STEM Event
- Gamify your prep for Engineering Competitions with TAME’s design challenges
- Build a Little Free Library based off a famous science fiction character
- Design, build, and race solar cars, then host a local Electrathon to mentor other local schools to start their own programs
- Design, build, and compete with rockets, then visit science fairs to share your work
- Partner with a local library, museum, or university to learn coding, 3D printing, and more
- Challenge students grades 6-12 to mentor elementary-age students by running an informal Competition
- Host an engineering challenge in an unusual setting, like designing rafts to float on a swimming pool
- Organize a STEAM art project day to help students submit artwork for the annual T-Shirt Design Contest
- Help your local theatre with projects like designing a replica steam engine prop with working lights and steam
- Volunteer with eco-cleanup days for local parks or run a recycling club
- Learn how to do water quality monitoring or run environmental safety tests on local rivers with Elequa water kits
- Take the whole club on a field trip to a local university to tour the campus
- Connect with a local STEM employer to bring students on a tour
- Offer extra credit, snacks, and help students with homework and tutoring
- Help graduating seniors apply for TAME Scholarships
- Anything and everything engineering-related that students want to explore!
Many clubs draw ideas from TAME’s curated content on Pinterest.