Current & Upcoming TAME Scholarships
TAME Freshman Scholarship applications for 2020 are now open.
Students submit one online application to be considered for all applicable scholarships. The TAME Scholarship selection committee will review all applications and make final recommendations, with awards scheduled to be announced in late June. Awards typically range from $500-$2000.
In an effort to remove as many barriers for students as you navigate through these trying times, we are extending our deadline, reducing the number of documents needed to apply, and accepting photographs and screenshots of documentation.
Questions regarding scholarships and/or the application processes should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications and all supporting documentation, including letters of recommendation, must be received at the TAME State Office by the deadline, no later than 11:59pm on Wednesday, May 20, 2020.
Recipients are scheduled to be informed and the TAME website updated with TAME Scholars in mid-July 2020.
Who Can Apply for TAME Scholarships?
Applicants for TAME Freshman Scholarships must:
- Be a member of a registered TAME Club with a student registration on file
- Be currently enrolled in high school and scheduled to graduate at the end of the current academic year
- Have competed in the TAME STEM Competition any year of their high school career
- Be in good academic standing
- Plan to major in science, engineering, mathematics, architecture, finance, or medicine
Checklist: The following materials MUST be submitted to apply for a TAME Scholarship.
- Completed application and essay
- Copy of most recent high school transcript (does not need to be a formal sealed transcript)
- Your family’s most recent tax return from 2018 or 2019, IRS Form 1040
- Copy of acceptance letter from community college/accredited university
- Letter of recommendation from your TAME Club Sponsor
- Option 1: Your Club Sponsor can submit their letter at tame.org/letter
- Option 2: Your Club Sponsor can send the letter to you as a PDF or Word document to submit with the rest of your documents
These are optional:
- Copy of SAT Score Results and/or copy of ACT Score Results
- Additional letter of recommendation written by a STEM teacher or responsible person in the community who knows you well and can attest to your personal qualities and abilities. This letter should not be written by a family member or casual acquaintance. (In the event your Club Sponsor is a family member, the additional letter of recommendation is mandatory.)
- Awards are based on years of TAME involvement, financial need, academic potential, achievement, recommendation, and a personal essay.
- All scholarship award payments will be forwarded to the financial aid office at the university. No funds will be provided directly to the student. Funds may be used to help pay for tuition, room and board, books, and/or fees during the student’s freshman year.
- Applicants must meet all minimum enrollment qualifications required by the university.
- To convert a GPA from weighted to un-weighted, free tools are available online
Complete your application
You must complete this application in one session, so have the information and documents ready. Use the button below to go to the form.
We don’t need to tell you that this year has been an unusual one, and as a result the world of higher education has been upended. We are working to stay up-to-date on current developments and any fall 2020 plan changes for universities and colleges around Texas and beyond. Once our higher education partners have announced their plans, we will be able to keep the TAME family informed about things as they develop.
Every day, we see evidence of the importance of STEM learning. STEM professionals are playing a major role in navigating us through the pandemic and its consequences. Above all else, please know that TAME remains thoroughly dedicated to the success and future of our scholars and to the support of students across Texas.
Overwhelmed? Need help?
We know things are more difficult than usual right now. TAME has been helping young engineers, scientists, mathematicians, and more launch their careers for decades. We serve many students who are part of the first generation in their family to go to college, and we have helped troubleshoot all kinds of questions and unique situations.
You’re not alone in this. We may be limited in the help we can offer right now, but we’re still just an email away. Please reach out early and often about the application if you have any questions: email@example.com.
Scholarship Timeline & Expectations
TAME’s annual Scholarship timeline includes five events over the course of the year. There are four mandatory action items for students, underlined below:
- TAME opens scholarship applications in mid-spring & 12th grade TAME Club members apply
- A month after the deadline, TAME announces the recipients as the TAME Scholar Class of that year
- The new TAME Scholars sign and send a Scholarship Agreement and photo; once these have been received, TAME mails the Fall scholarship check to the university
- In December, Scholars send an End of Semester Scholarship Letter that describes the impact of this scholarship on their college experience; once these have been received, TAME mails the Spring scholarship check to the university
- In May, Scholars send a final End of Semester Letter, which may help us secure funding for additional Evergreen Scholarships
To simplify the process during the 2020 pandemic, TAME is offering an online application only.
However, because the online form closely follows the PDF application from past years, we will continue to offer the 2019 Sample Application to help students see an example of the final application.
FOR CLUB SPONSORS
Submitting Letters of Recommendation
Each application must have at least one letter of recommendation from the TAME Club Sponsor. There are two options for submitting letters:
- Option 1: the Club Sponsor can submit their letter privately at tame.org/letter. The submission form link will work for any letter of recommendation, including the mandatory letter and the optional letter.
Submit letter of recommendation online
- Option 2: the Club Sponsor can send the letter to the student as a PDF to submit with the rest of the documents.
Beyond the mandatory first letter, a student has the option of submitting an additional letter of recommendation. This letter would be written by a STEM teacher or responsible person in the community who knows the student well and can attest to personal qualities and abilities. This letter should not be written by a family member or casual acquaintance.
(In the event a Club Sponsor is a family member of the student, the additional letter of recommendation is mandatory.)