Current & Upcoming TAME Scholarships
TAME Freshman Scholarship applications for the 2019-2020 school year are now open. Students submit one application to be considered for all applicable scholarships. The TAME Scholarship selection committee will review all applications and make final recommendations on the following awards:
- Midwestern State University
- Pratt & Whitney (for Wichita Falls students only)
- Texas A&M University
- Texas Tech University
- The University of Texas at Austin
- The Crespin Guzman Endowed Scholarship (freshman Civil Engineering students at The University of Texas at Austin)
Who Can Apply for TAME Scholarships?
Applicants for TAME Freshman Scholarships must:
- Be a member of a registered TAME Club with a student registration on file
- Be currently enrolled in high school and scheduled to graduate at the end of the current academic year
- Have competed in the TAME STEM Competition any year of their high school career
- Be in good academic standing
- Have taken either the SAT or the ACT
- Plan to major in science, engineering, mathematics, architecture, finance, or medicine
Checklist: The following materials MUST be submitted to apply for a TAME Scholarship.
- Completed application and essay
- Copy of most recent high school transcript (does not need to be a formal sealed transcript)
- Copy of SAT Score Results and/or copy of ACT Score Results
- First two pages of your family’s most recent tax return, IRS Form 1040 (if using the 2018 redesigned 1040 form, use line 7 instead)
- Copy of acceptance letter from community college/accredited university
- Letter of recommendation from your TAME Club Sponsor
- Option 1: Your Club Sponsor can submit their letter at tame.org/letter
- Option 2: Your Club Sponsor can send the letter to you as a PDF or Word document to submit with the rest of your documents
- Optional: Additional letter of recommendation written by a STEM teacher or responsible person in the community who knows you well and can attest to your personal qualities and abilities. This letter should not be written by a family member or casual acquaintance. (In the event your Club Sponsor is a family member, the additional letter of recommendation is mandatory.)
- Awards are based on years of TAME involvement, academic potential, achievement, recommendation, financial need, and a personal essay.
- All scholarship award payments will be forwarded to the financial aid office at the university. No funds will be provided directly to the student. Funds may be used to help pay for tuition, room and board, books, and/or fees during the student’s freshman year.
- Applicants must meet all minimum enrollment qualifications required by the university.
Scholarship Timeline & Expectations
TAME’s annual Scholarship timeline includes five events over the course of the year. There are four mandatory action items for students, underlined below:
- TAME opens scholarship applications in mid-spring & 12th grade TAME Club members apply
- A month after the deadline, TAME announces the recipients as the TAME Scholar Class of that year
- The new TAME Scholars sign and send a Scholarship Agreement and photo; once these have been received, TAME mails the Fall scholarship check to the university
- In December, Scholars send an End of Semester Scholarship Letter that describes the impact of this scholarship on their college experience; once these have been received, TAME mails the Spring scholarship check to the university
- In May, Scholars send a final End of Semester Letter, which may help us secure funding for additional Evergreen Scholarships
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION & VIEW SAMPLE APPLICATION
If filling out the form digitally, please save the file, then close the file, and finally open it again to be sure that all data saves completely before submitting to the TAME State Office. We recommend you use a browser such as Chrome or download it to fill out in Adobe Reader or Acrobat. Download Chrome. Download Adobe Reader.
DEADLINE & HOW TO SUBMIT
Applications and all supporting documentation, including letters of recommendation, must be received at the TAME State Office by the deadline, no later than 11:59 pm on the day it is due. Application and deadline dates will be announced in early spring each year.
To apply, students have two options for submitting documents:
- SCAN & E-MAIL This method is preferred, because it allows faster communication to fix errors. Please verify all forms are clear and signed before sending. FILE FORMAT: the preferred format is PDF, but we also accept JPG, PNG, TIFF, and other clear image files from cell phones. The email address for electronic submissions is: email@example.com. Include your name and “SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION MATERIALS” in the subject header.
- US MAIL Send copies. Keep the original documents in case anything is lost in the mail. If mailing, send by regular U.S. Mail ONLY. Allow sufficient time for delivery!
10100 Burnet Road, R9200
Building 16, Room 22
Austin, TX 78758
Recipients will be informed and the TAME website updated with TAME Scholars on Wednesday, June 5, 2019.
FOR CLUB SPONSORS: Submitting Letters of Recommendation
Each application must have at least one letter of recommendation from the TAME Club Sponsor. There are two options for submitting letters:
- Option 1: the Club Sponsor can submit their letter privately at tame.org/letter. The submission form link will work for any letter of recommendation, including the mandatory letter and the optional letter.
- Option 2: the Club Sponsor can send the letter to the student as a PDF to submit with the rest of the documents.
Beyond the mandatory first letter, a student has the option of submitting an additional letter of recommendation. This letter would be written by a STEM teacher or responsible person in the community who knows the student well and can attest to personal qualities and abilities. This letter should not be written by a family member or casual acquaintance. (In the event a Club Sponsor is a family member of the student, the additional letter of recommendation is mandatory.)