Continuing the TAME Toolkit Initiative
More than ever, students and teachers require our support. The Texas Alliance for Minorities in Engineering (TAME) is proud to continue last year’s popular initiative to offer financial and material support to TAME Clubs, thanks to generous support from Statewide Sponsor Boeing.
Toolkits for 2021-22 year
Register for free with the Texas Alliance for Minorities in Engineering (TAME) to get your own TAME Toolkit shipped to your school or home, and funding emailed directly to you as an Amazon gift card.
Eligibility for 2021-22 year
TAME is excited to offer 100 toolkits designed for grades 6-12, which will be available statewide on a first come, first served basis. To qualify for one of the available kits, registered TAME Clubs must meet one of the following criteria:
- TAME Club must be registered at a Title I School
- TAME Club must register 75% student members who are underrepresented in STEM (Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous/Native American, or female)
Title I Schools have 40% or more students who are eligible for free or reduced price meals. Not sure if you’re at a Title I school? Look up your school by zip code in the National Center for Education Statistics here.
How to Sign Up & Deadlines
To sign up for a toolkit and free competitions: register a TAME Club and at least 6 students (grades 6-12).
TAME Club Registration will be open throughout the school year. However, there are two important deadlines to consider:
- Toolkit Eligibility Deadline: Extended to October 27
- STEM Competition Deadline: October 27
We will pack toolkits based on the clubs and students registered by October 27. Clubs and students registered after October 27 will not be eligible to compete.
Toolkits for TAME Clubs in Texas include $100 for supplies plus a small stipend for each student registered, to be determined after registration deadline to ensure equitable distribution of funds.
Toolkit contents may differ from last year, but will still include 3-layer face masks, engineering workbooks, supplies, t-shirts for Club Sponsor and Co-Sponsor, and more. Remember, contents will be based on how many students you have registered by October 27!
Receiving Your Toolkit
No separate toolkit application will be needed. In October, eligible clubs will receive an email with the subject “TAME Toolkit Shipment & Funding Info” that has your FedEx tracking number and Amazon gift card amount. If you don’t receive these emails, check your spam folder and ask your district IT to whitelist email@example.com
After we ship your toolkit
- Redeem your digital Amazon gift card to buy your large equipment item (up to $100) and/or STEM supplies, snacks, etc.
- Let us know how it goes with photos, emails, social media shout outs with #TAMEToolkit and #LonestarSTEM
- Fill out our survey at the end of the school year to let us know what you purchased and which four areas received the most of your funding: large equipment, program materials and supplies (includes PPE), and healthy snacks. Your feedback will help us improve toolkits for future years and seek additional funding to offer more resources.
Social Media Videos & Shout Outs
Here’s the response to toolkits last year. We’d love to hear from you!
TAME’s toolkit initiative has officially launched! We’ve been working hard to assemble & ship the 1st round of STEM Club Toolkits. More to ship after Thanksgiving. Thanks to Statewide Sponsor @Boeing and Regional Sponsors @PPG, @RaytheonIntel, and @HowmetAero_Fdn! #LonestarSTEM pic.twitter.com/cDBrB1A5XM
— TAME (@TAMESTEM) November 18, 2020
— TAME (@TAMESTEM) November 20, 2020