Welcome back! We are thrilled to welcome our TAME Students, Club Sponsors, volunteers, and partners to the 2022-23 school year and TAME’s Dive Deep into Water Challenge!
Engineers are essential to helping the world address our growing water challenges. That’s why TAME is introducing an engaging new water purification curriculum and toolkit for Clubs in 2022-23. The Dive Deep into Water Challenge curriculum will prepare students for a related engineering design challenge at the STEM Competitions.
TAME’s new toolkit and curriculum provides all the materials adults will need to create an engaging and educational STEM learning experience focused on water.
TAME Club Eligibility Requirements
The core of TAME’s mission is to support, inspire and prepare students from underrepresented groups to excel in engineering careers. These are the eligibility requirements for TAME Clubs.
TAME Clubs must:
- Have an adult sponsor
- Have at least six student participants in grades 6 – 12
- Have regularly scheduled meetings (in person or virtual) related to STEM subjects
- Have student membership that is at least 60% comprised of groups that are underrepresented in STEM* OR the TAME Club is within a Title 1 school
*Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous/Native American, or girls
Toolkit Contents for 2022-23
This year the toolkit for all registered and eligible TAME Clubs will include a curriculum and materials for multiple activities exploring water purification. Each TAME Club will also receive $100 plus additional funds based on the number of registered students. All funds are distributed as an Amazon gift card. The toolkit includes other materials that make it easy to recruit students and run an engaging and successful TAME Club:
- Dive Deep into Water Challenge multimedia curriculum and supplies
- Amazon gift card for supplies and healthy snacks
- T-shirts for TAME Club Sponsors and students
- TAME Club poster
- 10 practice engineering design challenges
How to Sign Up & Deadlines
Register a TAME club to receive a toolkit and access to free competitions.
- Register your club: TAME.org/club2022
- Register at least 6 students: TAME.org/student2022
- Deadline is October 31
Other TAME Reminders
The Trailblazer traveling STEM museum is back to introduce students to STEM concepts and career paths! Do you want to bring the Trailblazer to your middle school or to a community organization that works with elementary and middle school students? TAME has funds to support FREE Trailblazer visits in Houston, Wichita Falls, Brazos County, Hays County, Leander, and Conroe. Request a Trailblazer visit here.
Scholarships will be available in 2023 for graduating TAME seniors! Stay tuned for more information coming later this school year.