Current & Upcoming TAME Scholarships
TAME Freshman Scholarship applications for the 2017-2018 school year are now open.
Students submit one application to be considered for the following scholarships offered by TAME’s higher education and corporate partners:
- Midwestern State University (Freshman engineering)
- Prairie View A&M University (Freshman engineering)
- Texas A&M University (Freshman)
- Texas Tech University (Freshman engineering)
- The University of Texas at Austin (Freshman engineering)
- Chevron (STEM major, West Texas students only)
- ConocoPhillips (Specific majors, open to all students)
- Pratt & Whitney (STEM major, Wichita Falls students only)
Who can apply for TAME Scholarships?
Applicants for TAME Freshman Scholarships must:
- Be a member of a registered TAME Club with a student registration on file
- Be currently enrolled in high school and scheduled to graduate at the end of the current academic year
- Have competed in the TAME STEM Competition any year of their high school career
- Be in good academic standing
- Have taken either the SAT or the ACT
- Plan to attend an accredited college or university and have a declared major in architecture, finance, science, medicine, engineering, or mathematics
The following materials MUST be submitted to apply for a TAME Scholarship:
- Completed application and essay
- Copy of most recent high school transcript (does not need to be a formal sealed transcript)
- Copy of SAT Score Results and/or copy of ACT Score Results
- Copy of acceptance letter from community college/accredited university
- Letter of recommendation/nomination from your TAME Club Sponsor
- First two pages of your family’s most recent tax return
Optional: Additional letter of recommendation written by a math teacher, science teacher, or responsible person in the community who knows you well and can attest to your personal qualities and abilities. This letter should not be written by a family member or casual acquaintance. (In the event your Club Sponsor is a family member, please provide this additional letter of recommendation.)
- All scholarship award payments will be forwarded to the financial aid office at the university. No funds will be provided directly to the student. Funds may be used to help pay for tuition, room and board, books, and/or fees during the student’s freshman year.
- Awards are based on years of TAME involvement, academic potential, achievement, recommendation, financial need, and a personal essay.
- Applicants must meet all minimum enrollment qualifications required by the university.
Applications and all supporting documentation, including letters of recommendation, must be received at the TAME State Office no later than 11:59 p.m. on Monday, May 1st, 2017.
To apply, students have two options for submitting documents.
|1. E-MAIL||This method is preferred, as it allows for
faster communication regarding errors.
|2. US MAIL||If mailing, send paper applications via regular
U.S. Mail ONLY. Allow sufficient time for delivery!
Attention: 2017 Scholarships
10100 Burnet Road, R9200
Austin, TX 78758
Recipients will be informed and the TAME website updated with TAME Scholars on Thursday, June 1st, 2017.
Click below to download the PDF application:
If you have any questions, please contact the TAME State Office for more information.