Volunteers Make it Happen! Trailblazer I Volunteer Training
Thank you for volunteering with the Trailblazer, a mobile STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) museum.
Your energy, smile, and excitement for STEM concepts and careers are greatly appreciated. Check with your event's coordinator to see which of the 5 content areas you'll be leading.
Volunteer docents on board the Trailblazer lead the learning and the fun. All activities are easy to learn and TAME personnel will brief the volunteers prior to the tour and provide scripts containing suggested talking points. Volunteers will be standing throughout their shift, so please wear comfortable shoes. We also recommend wearing a shirt with the logo for your company or organization.
Docents will lead one of 5 stations:
What to wear and bring:
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toed shoes.
- If possible, please wear a shirt with your college or company logo.
- Please check with the individual school for additional dress code requirements.
- The Trailblazer is equipped with AC and heat, however, please take local weather into consideration.
- Please check with your volunteer coordinator for details regarding meals and meal breaks.
- Please try to bring as few items as possible with you as space is limited.
Trailblazer I Scripts:
Training Videos for Trailblazer I:
These training videos are intended to help volunteers become familiar with the exhibits and what to say to students. Please do not share them with students.