Gearing up for Your Trailblazer Visit
Now that you have scheduled a Trailblazer visit, we're here to help you get ready for the big day. Check back soon for more information.
Your Trailblazer Checklist
Please review the Trailblazer Visit Agreement Information Packet : 2018-2019 Trailblazer Visit Information - School Day
- Confirm a date and funding source with the Program coordinator.
- Complete Parking and Contact Reservation Form, sent via email from the Trailblazer Program Coordinator, to secure your date in the calendar
- Email a marked map (www.mapfling.com) to Trailblazer@tame.org at least 3 weeks before your event
- Submit a Volunteer Schedule Form at least 2 weeks before your event
- Submit a Class/Event Schedule Form at least 2 weeks before your event
Volunteer Recruitment Tools
Start early! Volunteer recruitment takes time, and is the most important duty of the school, library, or event that is hosting the Trailblazer. These are available for you to download, edit, and print the documents below to create fliers to recruit your volunteers.
Please provide your volunteers a link to to our volunteer training materials. The Trailblazer Program Coordinator can let you know which Trailblazer is headed your way up to one month before the event.
Getting the word out about your event
Below is a press release and media guide to send to local media outlets, an editable poster you can print and distribute, a document with sample text you can use on social media to get the word out about your event, as well as cute social-media ready images for you to share. Please be sure to tag Texas Alliance for Minorities in Engineering, and please use our hashtag, #DrivingSTEM so we can support your efforts!
Media Guide: Media Guide
Social Media Photos can be found and downloaded from this shared Google photo album
We love photos, videos, and stories!
Please share all videos, photos, and stories with Trailblazer@tame.org.
Be sure to tag Texas Alliance for Minorities in Engineering with #DrivingSTEM
Questions? Please contact Emily Mitis, Trailblazer Program Coordinator at Trailblazer@tame.org or 512-471-6100.
Back to Trailblazer page