We have exciting news about this year’s STEM Competitions!
For the first time, TAME’s State STEM Competition will feature a challenge based on student input as part of the Engineering Design Challenge. This fall and winter, we’ll be asking you to submit suggestions in three categories:
Engineering Problem (November 15 – December 15, 2020)
Design Constraints (December 15, 2020 – February 1, 2021)
STEM Professionals (February 1 – February 26, 2021)
For each category, we’ll be sending out a link to an online form to complete with your submission. TAME will select up to three Student Engineer Contest winners for an invitation to the 2021 Virtual State STEM Competition on April 24, 2021, where the final Engineering Design Challenge will be revealed.
- Contest Entries should be related to this year’s STEM Competition Season Theme: Explore the Possibilities.
- This contest is open to students open to students of all ages. Invitations to TAME’s State STEM Competition will only be extended to registered TAME students in grades 6-12.
- An eligible entry will consist of a completed online entry from an individual student; submissions from groups or TAME Clubs will not be considered.
- In the event that similar entries are submitted, the date they were received will be the ‘tiebreaker’ in selecting a winner.
- Students may enter multiple times.
- Students do NOT have to submit entries in all three categories to win.
The Student Engineering Contest is different from the annual Creative Design Contest, which will open in December asking students to submit artwork and ideas for hashtags.