Take your teaching career on the road
TAME is now hiring a Trailblazer Facilitator to bring the excitement of STEM to students all across the state. Every year, our STEM-museums-on-wheels travel over 18,000 miles and engage over 20,000 students with electrifying hands-on exhibits.
We’re putting the call out to all of central Texas, seeking a friendly, dynamic individual to connect with students, teachers, administrators, and local media. One Trailblazer Facilitator directly served as many as 100,000 students during his tenure with TAME. Now is your chance to help our mobile museums reach more students than ever before, and make a difference in their futures.
The Trailblazer museums are 40-foot exhibit trailers that house engineering and science exhibits. The responsibilities for this position include driving the trailers to locations throughout Texas, setting up exhibits, working with volunteer docents, demonstrating exhibits, interacting with students and ensuring that all exhibits are clean and safely stowed for long distance travel.
The ideal candidate for the Trailblazer Facilitator will be eager to work with and inspire youth. Trailblazer attendees are grades 3-8; volunteers are often grades 9-12, college students, and professionals. We’re searching for someone passionate about sharing an enthusiasm for science, technology, engineering, and math; someone excited to serve as the catalyst who could spark a similar enthusiasm in the next generation of trailblazers.
A day in the life of our Trailblazer Facilitators
This position is part-time (a maximum on average of 29 hours a week) and may require some weekend travel. Work week will vary depending on scheduling of jobs. Overtime hours available. Candidate should be able to drive a one-ton pick-up truck towing a 40-foot trailer. If a candidate meets all other requirements but does not have experience driving a truck and trailer, comprehensive training will be provided.
At school and community events, candidate must be comfortable working with parents, teachers and corporate volunteers while demonstrating the science and tech exhibits.
Candidate is required to pass a criminal background check, be physically capable of hitching/unhitching the trailer, and lifting 75 pounds. Frequent bending, standing and lifting are required. Candidate will be responsible for minor maintenance and upkeep of the truck, trailer and exhibits. Must have a Class C Standard Driver’s License.
Candidate should be able to drive a one-ton pick-up truck towing a 40-foot trailer. If a candidate meets all other requirements but does not have experience driving a truck and trailer, comprehensive training will be provided.
Fluency with English. Spanish language skills a plus.
Basic computer skills, including but not limited to: E-mail and Outlook, Firefox or Chrome, Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be comfortable using GPS navigation aids.
Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent experience in any of the following fields: Teacher or Professor of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics; librarian, researcher, or other educational training specialist; bus drivers for school or metropolitan services.
The ideal candidate for the Trailblazer Facilitator will be:
- Eager to work with and inspire youth. Trailblazer attendees are grades 3-8; volunteers are often grades 9-12, college students, and professionals.
- Dedicated to maintaining safety for all individuals who visit the Trailblazer; dedicated to maintaining safe driving practices at all times.
- Comfortable working with people from a diversity of backgrounds and demographics.
- Friendly, outgoing, and comfortable addressing a crowd of students, educators, and journalists. Public speaking skills a definite plus.
- Politely persistent, practical, and no-nonsense when it comes to managing disagreements or those who act in conflict with rules.
- Punctual, organized, and considerate of others’ time.
- Able to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor to represent TAME, whether that is with a student, an educator, a journalist, or a corporate sponsor.
- Passionate about sharing your enthusiasm for science, technology, engineering, and math; excited to serve as the catalyst who could spark a similar enthusiasm in the next generation of students.
Ready to become a road scholar for students across Texas?
Apply today by sending your resume to email@example.com!