TAME CLUB: 2018-2019 ANNUAL REGISTRATION
A TAME Club is an extra-curricular enrichment program that supports students interested in exploring science, technology, engineering, math (STEM) and computer science. TAME Clubs are typically sponsored by teachers, librarians, administrators, parents, or community partners and are often hosted on a school campus. Clubs meet regularly to increase student skills, awareness of STEM careers and access to role models. TAME volunteers from local universities and corporations support the clubs and serve as role models.
This annual registration form must be completed by the Adult Sponsor establishing/renewing a TAME Club.
After the TAME office validates the TAME Club registration, all student members in the club must submit a Student Registration Form signed by a parent or guardian (if the student is a minor). To be eligible to compete in the 2019 Divisional STEM Competitions, Club and Student Registrations must be received at the TAME State Office by 5 p.m., November 7, 2018. Clubs must also meet additional location-based criteria.
Each TAME Club must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least 8 student participants in grades K – 12
- Have regular in-person meetings where students can strengthen skills and explore STEM with hands-on activities
To be eligible to participate in the annual STEM Competitions, TAME Clubs in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio and their suburbs must meet one of the following additional criteria:
- Be located at a Title I school, where a majority of the students qualify for free/reduced meals OR
- 50% of student members must be either first in their family to consider college or qualify for free/reduced meals
Once registered, Club Sponsors & members will have access to:
- Hands-on STEM activities & teaching resources
- Monthly TAME Newsletter
- Classroom visits from engineers, scientists, & more
- Free professional development for teachers
- Free STEM Competitions for 6-12 graders
- TAME Scholarships & mentors
- TAME’s Alumni Network to help with college & career choices